We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for the purpose of processing personal data in the performance of our legitimate business. Any information we hold will be processed in accordance with the principles set out in the Data Protections Act 2018, which we must comply with.
Personal data shall be:
1. processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
2. collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
3. adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimisation’);
4. accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
5. kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods in so far as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by this Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject (‘storage limitation’);
6. processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
- We will continue to improve all procedures for maintaining confidentiality of all personal information we hold
- Ensure we have the consent of the individual
- Require all employees to comply fully with data protection principles
- Make every effort to ensure this information is accurate and up to date and that any inaccuracies are corrected without unnecessary delay
- Obtain and process all personal data in accordance with the fair processing code
- Take immediate action if we discover our polices are not being complied with